* School and Office Based Therapists
Appleseed Community Mental Health Center has an immediate need for a full time, year round, highly skilled therapist/social worker to join our Youth Team. Experience working with school-aged children parents, school and social service professionals around behavioral, emotional, and cognitive issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Completes Diagnostic assessments.
- Participates in the ongoing assessment and therapeutic engagement of clients.
- Works with consumers and staff in developing and implementing person-centered individual treatment plans.
- Provides direct service, including social and emotional support, utilizing motivational interviewing, family systems treatment, trauma informed care, and crisis interventions.
- Coordinates with other professionals and agencies and engages in Consumer advocacy; monitors service delivery and engages in follow-up as needed.
- Provides direct crisis intervention services to Consumers, including face-to-face, telephone, and emergency contacts, during regular office hours.
- Attends all counseling and agency meetings in order to facilitate an integrated, multidisciplinary team approach to service.
- Maintains compliance with all applicable practice standards and guidelines.
- Maintains client confidentiality and adherence to HIPAA requirements at all times.
- Completes all documentation in a timely manner consistent with agency guidelines.
- Maintains agency required productivity standards.
- With documented consent, engages the client’s family and/or significant others to provide holistic care to the client.
Judgment: Ability to make sound decisions by drawing on professional expertise with minimal negative effects on employee relations and agency goals and results. Willingness to take responsibility for these decisions.
Interpersonal Relationships: Demonstrates a willingness to cooperate, work and communicate with coworkers, supervisors or outside contacts.
Communication: Effectiveness of expression in individual and group situations. Ability to convey ideas clearly and concisely.
Coordination: Ability to work with others as a team and express individual viewpoint while considering and learning from the input of others.
Planning and Organization: Establishes appropriate course of action for self and co-workers to accomplish goals; makes proper assignments of personnel and appropriate use of resources. Set realistic target dates.
Adherence to Policies and Procedures: Appropriately interprets and applies agency policies and procedures to job responsibilities.
Orientation Toward Results: Ability to initiate projects, anticipate changes or needs, set new priorities, follow through and meet deadlines.
Education: Master’s degree required.
Licenses or other required certifications: Minimum LSW or LPC required. One or more of the competencies and/or licensures is preferred: Independent social worker (LISW) or professional clinical counselor (LPCC).
Experience: Strong clinical skills with experience in community mental health counseling. Experience with team process and diagnostic assessments.
Specialized knowledge, skills, or abilities: Demonstrated knowledge about mental illness, motivational interviewing, family systems treatment, trauma informed care, and crisis interventions, and knowledge and skill in the use of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders V/ICD-10. Must have strong commitment to client rights. Ability to ambulate enough to access private homes/locations which may not be readily accessible. Must have a car available during working hours, carry and maintain automobile insurance that includes a payable liability of $100,000/$300,000, as well as the ability to legally drive a car. Must pass background and driving record checks.
- Competitive compensation.
- Monthly & Year End bonus for exceeding productivity standards.
- Medical /dental /vision/basic life insurance.
- Generous accrued paid vacation.
- 3 personal days.
- 8 accrued sick days.
- 8 paid holidays.
- Retirement match.
- Tuition reimbursement.
If you are interested in joining our team of professionals, please forward your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention "School Based Therapist" in the subject line of your email. We look forward to hearing from you. Appleseed Community Mental Health Center, Inc. is committed to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all people. Employment decisions are made based on each person’s performance, qualifications, and abilities. The Agency does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.