At Appleseed Community Mental Health Center, Inc., we walk with families and individuals on their journey to live healthy, whole, and productive lives by offering comprehensive and integrated behavioral health, housing, outreach & prevention, substance use disorder, and victim services. To help accomplish this goal Appleseed is seeking to hire a full time, self-motivated Finance Director.
The Finance Director is a management position responsible for overseeing the finance team and all key financial functions including month-end financial reporting and variance analysis, budget preparation, administration of internal controls and oversite of the annual audit process. The selected candidate will have a thorough understanding of GAAP accounting, experience in a healthcare environment and demonstrated communication skills. Must be a self-starter, have critical thinking and problem-solving abilities and strong fiscal management experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages all accounting operations including Billing, General Accounting, Accounts Receivable/Payable, Payroll and Revenue Recognition
- Generates daily and weekly reports of accounts (AP/AR, payroll, banking and other financials)
- Manages invoice and cash receipts, credits and cash outs; reviews journal entries and identifies potential collection issues for AP/AR and payroll accounts
- Reconciles weekly, daily or monthly AP/AR, benefits, banking and payroll accounts and interfaces with vendors, as needed
- Conducts payroll entry and cost allocation to GL accounts, and EFT payroll transfers
- Reviews reconciled payroll and interfaces with payroll vendor, as needed
- Manages and conducts distribution of 401K and Health Savings Accounts
- Conducts routine audits, AP/AR benefits and banking accounts for accuracy and makes necessary corrections. Resolves IRS, FTB inquiries, reports and audits
- Manages banking account transactions, including cash flow, deposits, transfers, and check clearance
- Works effectively with vendors on all accounts
- Manages month-end and year-end close fiscal processes
- Compares audits reports to identify issues or inaccuracies, as well as to identify varying trends
- Participates in personnel selection and supervises financial staff
- Attends professional trainings, as directed and appropriate for the position.
- Facilitates all asset purchases, depreciation, and adjustments
- Manages and complies with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develops and documents business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Coordinates and facilitates special projects for the Director
- Oversee payroll and accounts payable, account for all grants, assist in grant applications and reports as needed, prepare feasibility analysis, and provide data analysis and ad hoc reporting
- Communicates with and educate the Board and provide clinical leaders with insights of results by service line.
- Serves as the financial liaison to the county mental health board, insurance payers, OH Department of Medicaid, and OH Department of Mental Health & Addiction Services
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required, CPA preferred
- 5 to 7 years experience in accounting preferred
- 2 to 4 years of supervisory experience preferred
- A comparable amount of education/experience may be substituted for noted requirements
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer and software programs including, Excel, and general ledger systems
- Experience with federal grants management and reporting
- Versed in Uniform Guidance Guidelines
- Experience with Sage Intacct preferred
- Understanding of Single Audit requirements and reporting.
- Must pass a background check and drug screen
What makes Appleseed a great place to work?
- Here are some responses from our very own employees:
- Staff work to make the agency a positive, progressive, and supportive environment. Personally and professionally, we put our best foot forward for our clients and for each other
- Our staff are amazing. Flexibility with our schedules. Family environment. Knowing we are doing something that makes a difference.
- The people and atmosphere
- Making a difference in other people’s lives and great coworkers! The ability to do what excites you as long as it helps other with mental health progress.
- The team approach to client care.
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible schedule
- Medical /dental /vision/basic life insurance
- Minimum 2 weeks accrued paid vacation
- 3 personal days
- 8 accrued sick days
- 8 paid holidays
- 403b w/ retirement match
- In house pharmacy
- Mileage reimbursement
- Continuing education opportunities & professional development dollars
- Annual pay increases with performance
If you are interested in joining our team of professionals, please apply at /surveys/resume. We look forward to hearing from you. Please contact Alyssa McQuate (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions. Appleseed Community Mental Health Center, Inc. is committed to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all people. Employment decisions are made based on each person’s performance, qualifications, and abilities. The Agency does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.