At Appleseed Community Mental Health Center, Inc., we walk with families and individuals on their journey to live healthy, whole, and productive lives by offering comprehensive and integrated behavioral health, housing, outreach & prevention, substance use disorder, and victim services. To help accomplish this goal, Appleseed is seeking to hire a full-time Maintenance Technician. Standard work hours are Monday-Friday 7:30 am - 4:00 pm. This position is responsible for maintaining buildings and grounds for multiple locations.
This position performs routine maintenance as needed for the interior and exterior of multiple facilities both residential and commercial, including HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and groundskeeping duties. The Maintenance Technician also compiles and updates records such as Material Safety Data sheets, equipment inventory, purchase orders and receipts, and is responsible for insuring agency compliance with OSHA standards. Tools and vehicle for use on agency time are provided.
- Performs maintenance and repairs on agency facilities, rental properties, equipment, and grounds, including light construction, drywall refinishing and painting, and routine plumbing and electrical repairs
- Compiles and updates inventory of tools, equipment, and supplies
- Maintains grounds, including seasonal lawncare and snow/ice removal
- Conducts periodic fire and health-and-safety inspections
- Manages the maintenance and repair of agency vehicles and lawncare equipment
- Exercises good judgement regarding when outside contractors are required for maintenance and repair issues beyond the scope of their own skills and expertise, and coordinates and manages outside contractors’ work
- Provides on-call coverage for emergencies
- Have previous experience in maintenance or another related field
- Able to prioritize among various job roles and tasks to meet independent deadlines
- Self-motivated and capable of performing job duties with minimal supervision
- Capable of coordinating with key personnel across multiple agency departments to organize and execute projects effectively and efficiently
- Be able to pass a drug screen, background check, and driving record check
- Possess a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and maintain 100k/300k auto liability insurance
- Able to lift up to 60 lbs. and work in all weather conditions
- High school diploma or equivalent
What makes Appleseed a great place to work?
- Here are some responses from our very own employees:
- Staff work to make the agency a positive, progressive, and supportive environment. Personally and professionally, we put our best foot forward for our clients and for each other
- Our staff are amazing. Flexibility with our schedules. Family environment. Knowing we are doing something that makes a difference.
- The people and atmosphere
- Making a difference in other people’s lives and great coworkers! The ability to do what excites you as long as it helps other with mental health progress.
- The team approach to client care.
- Competitive compensation
- Medical /dental /vision
- Health Savings Account
- Employee Wellness App
- Life insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Minimum 2 weeks accrued paid vacation
- 3 personal days
- 8 accrued sick days
- 8 paid holidays
- 403b w/ Retirement match
- In House Pharmacy
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Annual pay increases with performance
If you are interested in joining our team of professionals, please apply at /surveys/resume. We look forward to hearing from you. Please contact Alyssa McQuate (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions. Appleseed Community Mental Health Center, Inc. is committed to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all people. Employment decisions are made based on each person’s performance, qualifications, and abilities. The Agency does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.