*Under-Resourced Populations & Direct Services Advocate
At Appleseed Community Mental Health Center, Inc., we walk with families and individuals on their journey to live healthy, whole, and productive lives by offering comprehensive and integrated behavioral health, housing, outreach & prevention, substance use disorder, and victim services. To help accomplish this goal Appleseed is seeking an Under-Resourced Population and Direct Services Advocate to work at RCDV Save Haven. This is a full-time position Monday – Friday, 8AM – 4:30 PM with some flexed evenings required for events. Will provide training in sexual violence and domestic violence and must have the ability to relate effectively with diverse populations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate, develop, and execute plans to provide outreach and services to under resourced populations in Ashland County including, but not limited to Rural, BIPOC, LGBTQ, Persons with Varying Abilities, Survivors of Faith, Persons with Mental Health Issues, Incarcerated Survivors, Substance Abuse Issues, Limited English Proficient, Immigrants, Deaf/Hard of Hearing, Teens and Youth, and Elderly populations.
- Provide effective and equitable services within the context of each survivor’s unique and varying cultural beliefs, attitudes, behaviors, and needs of survivors and secondary survivors
- Provides confidential and timely direct services to survivors and secondary survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, dating violence, and/or stalking both in and out of shelter as well as provide 24-hour crisis hotline and/or in-person crisis intervention, hospital advocacy, court advocacy, support groups, individualized safety planning, identifying needs, securing resources, follow-ups, education and information, and other direct services as needed
- Ensures that under resourced survivors served understand their rights including how to register for VINE and apply for Victims’ Compensation
- Demonstrates cultural competency including knowledge of procedure for utilizing Language Line, video phone, etc. for callers who are Limited English Proficient and/or Deaf/Hard of Hearing
- Networks and collaborates with culturally-specific agency staff, staff of social service agencies and other stakeholders and partners related to rights, resources, gaps in service, and advocacy for under resourced victims of crime, particularly intimate partner violence, stalking, sexual assault, and human trafficking.
- Ensures a culturally appropriate, safe, confidential, supportive, non-judgmental environment for under resourced survivors to explore feelings resulting from their victimization and the recovery process in each Safe Haven shelter and office location
- Collect and record on-going data through client documentation, statistics, and outcome surveys
- Participates in local coordinated community response teams as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- Prefer 1 years’ experience working with victims of sexual violence, stalking, and/or intimate partner violence
- Must have a car available during working hours, carry and maintain automobile insurance that includes a payable liability of $100,000/$300,000, as well as the ability to legally drive a car
- Must pass background check, drug test, and driving record check
What makes Appleseed a great place to work?
- Here are some responses from our very own employees:
- Staff work to make the agency a positive, progressive, and supportive environment. Personally and professionally, we put our best foot forward for our clients and for each other
- Our staff are amazing. Flexibility with our schedules. Family environment. Knowing we are doing something that makes a difference.
- The people and atmosphere
- Making a difference in other people’s lives and great coworkers! The ability to do what excites you as long as it helps other with mental health progress.
- The team approach to client care.
- Competitive compensation
- Medical /dental /vision/basic life insurance
- Minimum 2 weeks accrued paid vacation
- 3 personal days
- 8 accrued sick days
- 8 paid holidays
- 403b w/ retirement match
- In house pharmacy
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Continuing education opportunities & professional development dollars
If you are interested in joining our team of professionals, please apply at /surveys/resume. We look forward to hearing from you. Please contact Alyssa McQuate (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions. Appleseed Community Mental Health Center, Inc. is committed to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all people. Employment decisions are made based on each person’s performance, qualifications, and abilities. The Agency does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.