* Adult Counselor
At Appleseed Community Mental Health Center, Inc., we walk with families and individuals on their journey to live healthy, whole, and productive lives by offering comprehensive and integrated behavioral health, housing, outreach & prevention, substance use disorder, and victim services. To help accomplish this goal Appleseed is seeking a highly skilled therapist/social worker to join our Adult Team full time. Must have a car available during working hours, carry and maintain automobile insurance that includes a payable liability of $100,000/$300,000, as well as the ability to legally drive a car. Must pass background and driving record checks and a drug test. Virtual interviews available.
- Experience working with adults, families, and/or groups around behavioral, emotional, and cognitive issues required.
- Applicant must demonstrated knowledge of mental illness, motivational interviewing, family systems treatment, trauma informed care, and crisis interventions, and knowledge and skill in the use of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders V/ICD-10.
- Applicant must also have strong commitment to client rights.
- Masters degree required with LISW or LPCC license.
- Completes Diagnostic assessments.
- Participates in the ongoing assessment and therapeutic engagement of clients.
- Works with consumers and staff in developing and implementing person-centered individual treatment plans.
- Provides direct service, including social and emotional support, utilizing motivational interviewing, family systems treatment, trauma informed care, and crisis interventions.
- Coordinates with other professionals and agencies and engages in Consumer advocacy; monitors service delivery and engages in follow-up as needed.
- Provides direct crisis intervention services to Consumers, including face-to-face, telephone, and emergency contacts, during regular office hours.
- Attends all counseling and agency meetings in order to facilitate an integrated, multidisciplinary team approach to service.
- Maintains compliance with all applicable practice standards and guidelines.
- Maintains client confidentiality and adherence to HIPAA requirements at all times.
- Completes all documentation in a timely manner consistent with agency guidelines.
- Maintains agency required productivity standards.
- With documented consent, engages the client’s family and/or significant others to provide holistic care to the client.
- Competitive compensation
- Medical /dental /vision
- Health Savings Account
- Employee Wellness App
- Life insurance
- Ability to earn monthly and yearly bonuses
- Flexible Schedule
- Minimum 2 weeks accrued paid vacation
- 3 personal days
- 8 accrued sick days
- 8 paid holidays
- 403b w/ Retirement match
- In House Pharmacy
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Continuing education opportunities & professional development dollars
- Annual pay increases with performance
If you are interested in joining our team of professionals, please forward your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention "Adult Counselor" in the subject line of your email. We look forward to hearing from you. Appleseed Community Mental Health center, Inc. is committed to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all people. Employment decisions are made based on each person’s performance, qualifications, and abilities. The Agency does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.