* Crisis Worker- PRN
Appleseed Community Mental Health Center is seeking to fill a PRN position for a mental health crisis prescreener. This PRN position requires evening and weekend hours with a flexible schedule depending on the needs of the persons served. This position involves assessing people in a secure setting who are in the midst of a psychiatric crisis to determine their level of safety and secure proper level of care, providing community psychiatric supportive treatment, and diagnostic assessment. Knowledge of crisis interventions and psychiatric hospitalization requirements is preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
Licenses or other required certifications: Minimum Licensed Social Worker (LSW), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW), or Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC) required.
Experience: Strong clinical skills with experience in a correctional or community mental health counseling.
Specialized knowledge, skills, or abilities: Demonstrated knowledge about mental illness, motivational interviewing, family systems treatment, trauma informed care, and crisis interventions, and knowledge and skill in the use of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders V/ICD-10. Must have strong commitment to client rights. Must have a car available during working hours, carry and maintain automobile insurance that includes a payable liability of $100,000/$300,000, as well as the ability to legally drive a car. Must pass background and driving record checks and drug test.
What makes Appleseed a great place to work?
- Here are some responses from our very own employees:
- Staff work to make the agency a positive, progressive, and supportive environment. Personally and professionally, we put our best foot forward for our clients and for each other
- Our staff are amazing. Flexibility with our schedules. Family environment. Knowing we are doing something that makes a difference.
- The people and atmosphere
- Making a difference in other people’s lives and great coworkers! The ability to do what excites you as long as it helps other with mental health progress.
- The team approach to client care.
- Paid County Mental Health Officer Training
- Earn $100 per on-call shift
- Earn an additional $110 or more per active pre-screen
- No minimum commitment required
- Flexible Schedule
If you are interested in joining our team of professionals, please apply at /surveys/resume. We look forward to hearing from you. Please contact Alyssa McQuate (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions. Appleseed Community Mental Health Center, Inc. is committed to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all people. Employment decisions are made based on each person’s performance, qualifications, and abilities. The Agency does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.