*1st Shift Mental Health Crisis Worker
Appleseed Community Mental Health Center has an immediate need for highly skilled full time crisis worker to join our team. The 1st shift Mental Health Crisis Worker provides services M-F during day hours as part of a daily operation of a 24 hour/day Crisis Intervention Program. This position provides a full range of intervention services to people in the community of Ashland County, including children, youth, families and adults.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assesses psychiatric risk levels of individuals referred by a variety of sources such as mental health professionals, psychiatrists, hospital emergency rooms, primary care physicians, prison and law enforcement officials, schools, teachers, youth care providers, and concerned family or community members.
- Determines the nature and severity of potential crisis situations and develops relevant intervention plans.
- Offers crisis (brief, short-term) counseling to clients, their families and other individuals in their social support system in an effort to restore equilibrium to a client's situations.
- Makes appropriate referrals to the case management unit, outpatient mental health providers, community resources.
- When necessary, facilitates and processes all phases of voluntary and involuntary commitments.
- Participates as necessary in treatment team, staff meetings, and in-service training events, as well as individual supervision.
- Maintains appropriate clinical records.
- Provides crisis intervention follow-up services as required and makes appropriate referrals for the continuing positive adjustment of the client.
- Provides case management services-Identifies appropriate community and social resources for clients, refers and links them to those resources and assists clients and family members in utilizing a wide variety of community and social resources.
- Works collaboratively with hospital and jail staff as well as with multiple social service agencies within the community and at times coordinates service delivery to the clients.
- When necessary, completes crisis or emergent diagnostic assessments
- Licensure required (LSW, LPC, MFT, LISW, LPCC, IMFT).
- Independent Social Worker (LISW), Professional clinical counselor (LPCC), or Independent Marriage and Family Therapist (IMFT) preferred. Will consider Social worker (LSW) professional counselor (LPC), or Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) with relevant experience.
- Strong clinical skills with knowledge of crisis interventions and psychiatric hospitalization requirements is necessary.
- Must have a car available, carry and maintain automobile insurance that includes a payable liability of $100,000/$300,000, as well as the ability to legally drive a car. Must pass a background and driving record check and drug test.
What makes Appleseed a great place to work?
- Here are some responses from our very own employees:
- Staff work to make the agency a positive, progressive, and supportive environment. Personally and professionally, we put our best foot forward for our clients and for each other
- Our staff are amazing. Flexibility with our schedules. Family environment. Knowing we are doing something that makes a difference.
- The people and atmosphere
- Making a difference in other people’s lives and great coworkers! The ability to do what excites you as long as it helps other with mental health progress.
- The team approach to client care.
- Competitive compensation
- Medical /dental /vision
- Health Savings Account
- Employee Wellness App
- Life insurance
- Ability to earn monthly and yearly bonuses
- Flexible Schedule
- Minimum 2 weeks accrued paid vacation
- 3 personal days
- 8 accrued sick days
- 8 paid holidays
- 403b w/ Retirement match
- In House Pharmacy
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Cell Phone Stipend
- Continuing education opportunities & professional development dollars
- Annual pay increases with performance
If you are interested in joining our team of professionals, please apply at /surveys/resume. We look forward to hearing from you. Please contact Alyssa McQuate (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions. Appleseed Community Mental Health Center, Inc. is committed to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all people. Employment decisions are made based on each person’s performance, qualifications, and abilities. The Agency does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.