* Co-Occurring Systems Navigator
Appleseed Community Mental Health Center, Inc. is seeking to fill a full-time position of Co-Occurring Systems Navigator. Looking for an energetic individual with good time management, organizational and writing skills to be responsible for getting clients set up with Medicaid and linking to other benefits and services. Ability to relate to a wide variety of people from different cultural and socioeconomic levels. Applicants must have a minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent. A degree in social work, psychology, or a related field is preferred. Must have or willing to get CDCA. Must maintain a valid Ohio driver’s license and reliable transportation, as well as $100,000 - $300,000 personal liability insurance. Must pass a background check, driving record check, and a drug test.
- Assist with linking program participants to resources they will need to support recovery such as Medicaid, Medicare, Supported Employment, ongoing counseling, faith-based organizations, education, and/or any other appropriate benefits or services.
- Offer services in a variety of safe, private locations including the shelter (for shelter residents and their children only to maintain the safety and confidentiality of those staying in shelter) as well as at Appleseed’s main office or other satellite locations for clients in the community who are not presently in shelter.
- Link inmates to resources they will need to support recovery upon their release such as Medicaid, Medicare, Supported Employment, ongoing counseling, faith-based organizations, education, and/or any other appropriate benefits or services.
- Input client data into the agency’s secure Electronic Health Record system (Evolve) to ensure that patient-centered records are instantly and securely available to authorized users as well as automate and streamline program staff’s workflow.
- Link clients to free on-call transportation services offered by Appleseed.
- Attend coordinated community response teams, including the Ashland County Domestic Violence Taskforce, Sexual Assault Response Team, Ashland University Title IX, and Ashland Trauma Resiliency Collaborative (and acting County’s Anti Human Trafficking Coalition) to offer assistance and training to other members about the program, be available for consultation, share strategies on harm reduction, share updates and events, and make referrals to other programs when appropriate.
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible schedule
- Medical /dental /vision/basic life insurance
- Generous accrued paid vacation
- 3 personal days
- 8 accrued sick days
- 8 paid holidays
- Retirement match
If you are interested in joining our team of professionals, please forward your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention “Co-Occurring Systems Navigator" in the subject line of your email. We look forward to hearing from you. Appleseed Community Mental Health Center, Inc. is committed to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all people. Employment decisions are made based on each person’s performance, qualifications, and abilities. The Agency does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.