* Crisis Worker- PRN
At Appleseed Community Mental Health Center, Inc., we walk with families and individuals on their journey to live healthy, whole, and productive lives by offering comprehensive and integrated behavioral health, housing, outreach & prevention, substance use disorder, and victim services. To help accomplish this goal Appleseed is seeking to fill a PRN position for a mental health crisis prescreener. This PRN position requires evening and weekend hours with a flexible schedule depending on the needs of the persons served. This position involves assessing people in a secure setting who are in the midst of a psychiatric crisis to determine their level of safety and secure proper level of care, providing community psychiatric supportive treatment, and diagnostic assessment. Knowledge of crisis interventions and psychiatric hospitalization requirements is preferred. Must have a car available during working hours, carry and maintain automobile insurance that includes a payable liability of $100,000/$300,000, as well as the ability to legally drive a car. Must pass background and driving record checks and drug test. Virtual interviews available.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum Licensed Social Worker (LSW), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW), or Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC) required.
- Strong clinical skills with experience in a correctional or community mental health counseling.
- Demonstrated knowledge about mental illness, motivational interviewing, family systems treatment, trauma informed care, and crisis interventions, and knowledge and skill in the use of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders V/ICD-10.
- Must have strong commitment to client rights.
Part-time position - no benefits.
If you are interested in joining our team of professionals, please forward your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention "Crisis Prescreener" in the subject line of your email. We look forward to hearing from you. Appleseed Community Mental Health Center, Inc. is committed to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all people. Employment decisions are made based on each person’s performance, qualifications, and abilities. The Agency does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.