* Family Counselor
At Appleseed Community Mental Health Center, Inc., we walk with families and individuals on their journey to live healthy, whole, and productive lives by offering comprehensive and integrated behavioral health, housing, outreach & prevention, substance use disorder, and victim services. To help accomplish this goal Appleseed is seeking to fill a full time skilled therapists/social worker to join our Youth and Family Clinical Team to work in office, home and school settings. Experience in behavioral health counseling working with youth, families and groups required. Must have a car available during working hours, carry and maintain automobile insurance that includes a payable liability of $100,000/$300,000, as well as the ability to legally drive a car. Must pass a drug test and background and driving record checks.
Appleseed Community Mental Health Center, Inc. is growing a state of the art trauma informed family counseling program. I-FAST (Integrated Family Systems Treatment) and FST (Family Systems Trauma) have been selected to ground and train the clinician in treating traumatized families. Both models are based in cutting edge treatment that prepares and builds the clinician’s skill set to become effective in helping families move toward healing.
- Prefer master’s level graduate
- Must have LISW, LSW, IMFT, MFT, LPCC or LPC license
- Must have excellent communication, networking, and innovative problem solving skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong group facilitation and coordination skills
- Completes Diagnostic assessments.
- Participates in the ongoing assessment and therapeutic engagement of clients.
- Works with consumers and staff in developing and implementing person-centered individual treatment plans.
- Provides direct service, including social and emotional support, utilizing motivational interviewing, family systems treatment, trauma informed care, and crisis interventions.
- Coordinates with other professionals and agencies and engages in Consumer advocacy; monitors service delivery and engages in follow-up as needed.
- Provides direct crisis intervention services to Consumers, including face-to-face, telephone, and emergency contacts, during regular office hours.
- Attends all counseling and agency meetings in order to facilitate an integrated, multidisciplinary team approach to service.
- Maintains compliance with all applicable practice standards and guidelines.
- Maintains client confidentiality and adherence to HIPAA requirements at all times.
- Completes all documentation in a timely manner consistent with agency guidelines.
- Maintains agency required productivity standards.
- With documented consent, engages the client’s family and/or significant others to provide holistic care to the client.
- Competitive compensation
- Monthly bonus for exceeding productivity standards
- Medical /dental /vision/basic life insurance
- Minimum 2 weeks accrued paid vacation
- 3 personal days
- 8 accrued sick days
- 8 paid holidays
- 403b w/ retirement match
- In house pharmacy
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Cell phone stipend
- Continuing education opportunities & professional development dollars
- Annual pay increases with performance
If you are interested in joining our team of professionals, please forward your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. Please mention "Family Counselor/Therapist" in the subject line of your email. We look forward to hearing from you. Appleseed Community Mental Health Center, Inc. is committed to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all people. Employment decisions are made based on each person’s performance, qualifications, and abilities. The Agency does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information on I-FAST (Integrated Family Systems Treatment) please go to: http://www.ifastmodel.org/home
For more information on FST (Family Systems Trauma) please visit this website: https://familytrauma.com/