* Nighttime Mental Health Crisis Worker
At Appleseed Community Mental Health Center, Inc., we walk with families and individuals on their journey to live healthy, whole, and productive lives by offering comprehensive and integrated behavioral health, housing, outreach & prevention, substance use disorder, and victim services. To help accomplish this goal Appleseed is seeking to fill a full time, night time Sunday to Thursday (5PM to 8AM) crisis worker to join our team. The Mental Health Crisis Worker provides on call service in the nightly operation of a 24 hour/day Crisis Intervention Program. This position provides a full range of intervention services to people in the community of Ashland County, including children, youth, families and adults. Virtual interviews available.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Independent Social Worker (LISW) or Professional clinical counselor (LPCC). Will consider Social worker (LSW) or professional counselor (LPC) with crisis experience.
- Strong clinical skills with knowledge of crisis interventions and psychiatric hospitalization requirements is necessary.
- Must have a car available, carry and maintain automobile insurance that includes a payable liability of $100,000/$300,000, as well as the ability to legally drive a car. Must pass a background and driving record check and drug test.
- Individuals may be referred by a variety of sources such as mental health professionals, psychiatrists, hospital emergency rooms, primary care physicians, prison and law enforcement officials, schools, teachers, youth care providers, and concerned family or community members.
- Determines the nature and severity of potential crisis situations and develops relevant intervention plans.
- Offers crisis (brief, short-term) counseling to clients, their families and other individuals in their social support system in an effort to restore equilibrium to a client's situations.
- Makes appropriate referrals to the case management unit, outpatient mental health providers, community resources.
- When necessary, facilitates and processes all phases of voluntary and involuntary commitments.
- Participates as necessary in treatment team, staff meetings, and in-service training events, as well as individual supervision.
- Maintains appropriate clinical records.
- Provides crisis intervention follow-up services as required and makes appropriate referrals for the continuing positive adjustment of the client.
- Provides case management services-Identifies appropriate community and social resources for clients, refers and links them to those resources and assists clients and family members in utilizing a wide variety of community and social resources.
- Works collaboratively with hospital and jail staff as well as with multiple social service agencies within the community and at times coordinates service delivery to the clients.
- When necessary, completes crisis or emergent diagnostic assessments
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Competitive compensation
- Medical /dental /vision/basic life insurance
- Minimum 2 weeks accrued paid vacation
- 3 personal days
- 8 accrued sick days
- 8 paid holidays
- 403b w/ Retirement match
- Continuing education opportunities & professional development dollars
- Annual pay increases with performance
- In house pharmacy
- Phone stipend
- Mileage reimbursement
If you are interested in joining our team of professionals, please forward your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention "Nighttime Crisis Worker" in the subject line of your email. We look forward to hearing from you. Appleseed Community Mental Health Center, Inc. is committed to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all people. Employment decisions are made based on each person’s performance, qualifications, and abilities. The Agency does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.