* Outreach and Prevention Advocate
At Appleseed Community Mental Health Center, Inc., we walk with families and individuals on their journey to live healthy, whole, and productive lives by offering comprehensive and integrated behavioral health, housing, outreach & prevention, substance use disorder, and victim services. To help accomplish this goal Appleseed is seeking a full-time, grant funded Outreach and Prevention Advocate position.
- Bachelors degree
- Knowledge and experience with domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking crisis issues preferred.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to speak in front of large audiences
- Knowledge and understanding of various social media outlets
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to manage competing deadlines
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage and resolve conflicts between stakeholders
- Understanding of Title IX
- Reliable transportation and phone or voice mail service
- Flexibility to work occasional evening and weekend hours and be willing to travel for trainings and conferences.
- Provides education, prevention, and outreach services to college, high school, and middle school students, as well as to various members of the community through the Rape Crisis Domestic Violence Safe Haven “Safe Haven”.
- May also serve as an active member of the Title IX Committee at Ashland University.
- Increase awareness of sexual violence in Ashland County as well as reduce the risk of sexual violence.
- Functions as an advocate for victims of all interpersonal violence and must work with victims in a one-on-one setting and potentially as a co-facilitator of support groups for survivors.
- Works closely with other community providers to conduct presentations and improve overall sensitivity to survivors of sexual violence. This position often works autonomously but also as a member of a team.
- Competitive compensation
- Monthly bonus for exceeding productivity standards
- Medical /dental /vision/basic life insurance
- Minimum 2 weeks accrued paid vacation
- 3 personal days
- 8 accrued sick days
- 8 paid holidays
- 403b w/ retirement match
- In house pharmacy
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Cell phone stipend
- Continuing education opportunities & professional development dollars
- Annual pay increases with performance
If you are interested in joining our team of professionals, please forward your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention "Outreach and Prevention Advocate” in the subject line of your email. We look forward to hearing from you. Appleseed Community Mental Health Center, Inc. is committed to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all people. Employment decisions are made based on each person’s performance, qualifications, and abilities. The Agency does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.