* Education & Outreach Advocate
At Appleseed Community Mental Health Center, Inc., we walk with families and individuals on their journey to live healthy, whole, and productive lives by offering comprehensive and integrated behavioral health, housing, outreach & prevention, substance use disorder, and victim services. To help accomplish this goal Appleseed is seeking a full-time Education & Outreach Advocate. The Education & Outreach Advocate provides Trauma Informed education and outreach to domestic and/or sexual violence survivors, secondary survivors, those experiencing emotional or behavioral mental health concerns, and the community at large. This is a full-time, hourly non-exempt position with benefits. Will provide training in sexual violence and domestic violence and must have the ability to relate effectively with a diverse population. Must have a car available during working hours, carry and maintain automobile insurance that includes a payable liability of $100,000/$300,000, as well as the ability to legally drive a car. Must pass background and driving record checks along with a drug test. Virtual interviews available.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and develop trauma informed domestic and sexual violence and mental health educational and outreach materials including but not limited to press releases, flyers, brochures, educational packets, etc.
- Design and develop inclusive, culturally and developmentally appropriate domestic and sexual violence and mental health educational and outreach materials targeting underserved populations in conjunction with the Underserved Populations and Volunteer Advocate
- Responsible for general design, editing, and oversight of social media outlets, including but not limited to, Safe Haven and Appleseed websites, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
- Develops and maintains a library of education and outreach materials on domestic and sexual violence and mental health and oversee ongoing updates to materials
- Remains up-to-date with applicable changes in the field of domestic and sexual violence and mental health and ensures that all information being delivered is factual, current, and accurate
- Collaborates with Safe Haven team members and Appleseed department heads to identify survivor and secondary survivor and mental health education and outreach needs in the community
- Coordinates with Program Director and Development and Communications Director to ensure communication on Safe Haven updates/news (e.g., events, surveys, etc.) via ADP or other interagency news outlets
- Represents Appleseed CMHC and Safe Haven by participating in community activities, coalitions, and taskforce groups as requested by the Director
- Performs other duties, as determined appropriate by Director and/or agency
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Preferred Bachelor’s degree or Associate degree in communication, graphic design, social services, women’s studies or related field.
- Prefer at least two years of college with classes in communication, graphic design, social services, women’s studies or related field or equivalent work experience with a human service agency.
Specialized knowledge, skills, or abilities:
- Knowledge of violence against women, family violence issues, and emotional wellness
- Ability to develop education and outreach projects
- Good editing/proofreading skills, verbal and written communication, computer skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to relate to diverse populations
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with residents, other staff, outside agencies and institutions and the general public
- Ability to plan and organize work, prepare adequate records and reports, and set priorities.
- Familiarity with Regulations concerning Confidentiality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to maintain a flexible schedule
- Competitive compensation
- Medical /dental /vision
- Health Savings Account
- Employee Wellness App
- Life insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Minimum 2 weeks accrued paid vacation
- 3 personal days
- 8 accrued sick days
- 8 paid holidays
- 403b w/ Retirement match
- In House Pharmacy
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Continuing education opportunities & professional development dollars
- Annual pay increases with performance
If you are interested in joining our team of professionals, please forward your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. Please mention "Education & Outreach Advocate” in the subject line of your email. We look forward to hearing from you. Appleseed Community Mental Health Center, Inc. is committed to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all people. Employment decisions are made based on each person’s performance, qualifications, and abilities. The Agency does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.