According to HumanTraffickingHotline.org, human trafficking can happen to anyone, but we also know that some people may be more vulnerable than others. The most vulnerable populations of people are likely to :
- Have an unstable living situation
- Have previously experienced other forms of violence
- Have run away or are involved in the juvenile justice or child welfare system
- Are undocumented immigrants
- Are facing poverty
- Themselves have or have a family member who has a substance use issue
Become aware of the warning signs and determine to be an advocate for those experiencing this horrible crime.