Co-Occurring Prevention Educator (Part-time)
Appleseed Community Mental Health Center, Inc. is seeking to fill a part-time position of Co-Occurring Prevention Educator, working up to 29 hours per week. Looking for an energetic individual with good time management, organizational and writing skills to be responsible for getting clients set up with Medicaid and linking to other benefits and services. Ability to relate to a wide variety of people from different cultural and socioeconomic levels. Applicants must have a minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent. A degree in social work, psychology, or a related field is preferred. Must maintain a valid Ohio driver’s license and reliable transportation, as well as $100,000 - $300,000 personal liability insurance. Must pass a background check, driving record check, and a drug test.
- Implement evidence-based, co-occurring prevention programming in Ashland County with partnering agencies, individuals, as well as Appleseed staff.
- Develop and maintain relationships with parenting agencies to better provide co-occurring education, awareness, consultation, and training/presentations in a variety of atmospheres, including with teenagers in a school setting, parents and teachers, businesses, social work professionals, legal agencies, hospitals, etc.
- Provide timely, accurate, and data-driven reports monthly and quarterly.
- Be able to organize and run meetings, effective communication for outreach to community partners to identify education and prevention opportunities, utilize Microsoft Office for scheduling, communication, and creating presentations and documents.
- Link clients to free on-call transportation services offered by Appleseed and manage transportation schedules.
- Make referrals for individuals to follow up with possible assessments.
- Attend monthly meetings for co-occurring team, as well as treatment teams.
What makes Appleseed a great place to work?
- Here are some responses from our very own employees:
- Staff work to make the agency a positive, progressive, and supportive environment. Personally and professionally, we put our best foot forward for our clients and for each other
- Our staff are amazing. Flexibility with our schedules. Family environment. Knowing we are doing something that makes a difference.
- The people and atmosphere
- Making a difference in other people’s lives and great coworkers! The ability to do what excites you as long as it helps other with mental health progress.
- The team approach to client care.
- Competitive compensation
- 403b w/ retirement
- In house pharmacy
- Annual pay increases with performance
If you are interested in joining our team of professionals, please apply at /surveys/resume. We look forward to hearing from you. Please contact Alyssa McQuate (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions. Appleseed Community Mental Health Center, Inc. is committed to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all people. Employment decisions are made based on each person’s performance, qualifications, and abilities. BIPOC highly encouraged to apply. The Agency does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.